This is just a quick update to let you folks know that the Kickstarter campaign to fund the RPGSmith (check out my article about it) GM features is now live. They need about €22,125 to add new functionality to their web application. Following are the GM features they want to add if the fundraiser is successful:
- Create and manage campaigns (similar to Rule Sets in the current player version).
- Invite player accounts to join their campaign.
- See their player’s character’s dashboard.
- Make updates to anything on their player’s characters, including character stat values, inventory, etc. (If allowed by the Player)
- Make updates to the Campaign settings (such as creation/removal of character stats, new items/spells/ abilities, updates to the default dashboard, etc.) which would be automatically updated for the PCs.
- Provide a chat interface which all users joined to the campaign can use to sending private or public messages with anyone else in the campaign.
- Share handouts, images, and other information with the players through a document sharing interface.
- Build and control a campaign page of tiles visible to the players where the GM can store text, notes, images, counters, and other tiles.
- Provide all users in the campaign access to share Dice results in real-time.
- Have access to a campaign dashboard similar to the mock shown below. This will give GMs a high-level view and instant access to content they control in their campaign.
For more information on RPGSmith and the fundraising, check out the Kickstarter page.